Monday, November 1, 2010

They love their sister







The boys absolutely love having a little sister. I can't explain how different it is, but the biggest thing is that they don't see her as a threat. They don't feel the need to compete with her, but they are still competing with each other over who gets to hold her first and who can make her smile. I am glad she has so many big brothers that love her and want to protect her. Elijah and her seem to have the most special bond. He has wanted a sister since I was pregnant with Caleb and he loves walking around with her, singing to her and rocking her in the rocking chair. If she is crying she instantly stops when he picks her up. It is really sweet watching how he cares for her and I know he will be a great father some day...all of them will be.
I had to add a picture of wild-eyed Ezra. Since she was born he seems so much bigger, though he really is still a baby himself. He is definitely having a delayed reaction to her being born... a little bit of anger has set in, but so far he hasn't directed it towards Addy...though the other day I put her on my bed so I could brush my teeth and when I was in the bathroom I heard Ezra climb onto my bed and say "squeeze the baby"! I ran back in the bedroom very quickly just to find him nicely sitting next to her- thankfully no damage was done:) Needless to say, I won't be leaving her alone on my bed anymore.
She continues to be sweet and is finally giving us a little more sleep at night, which makes her even sweeter. It seems like she is changing a little each day. It is amazing how fast they grow at this stage. She is smiling and cooing and blowing bubbles...so adorable. We love our little girl.

No comments: