Saturday, November 27, 2010

Giving Thanks

"Give thanks to the LORD, for He is good,
For His lovingkindness is everlasting.
Give thanks to the God of gods,
For His lovingkindness is everlasting.
Give thanks to the Lord of lords,
For His lovingkindness is everlasting."
-Psalm 136:1-3









Little arms reaching up to me, little hand in my hand, warm breath on my chest. Touch. Isn't this what we all need? To be close to someone.
Big eyes looking at the world with awe and wonder. All things new and exciting. God, open my eyes so I can see.
Lots of laughter- giggling, joyous sounds. Isn't this what we all seek? Lightness of heart.
100 times a day of look at what I made, look at what I drew, look at what I can do, look, look, look at me...isn't that what we all want? To be noticed.

My heart is full of thanksgiving for all these sweet moments. They are life-giving. They remind me of what is important, what is beautiful, what is good.