Monday, May 5, 2008

A tribute to the 'fro!







Matt started growing his hair out this winter simply out of curiousity but I liked to joke with him that he was trying to rock the 'fro so that he could fit in at the inner city school where he works. His students were trying to convince him to get some corn rows and the thought of dreads briefly went through his head...but once the weather got warm he just couldn't take it any more so he just had to shave it all off! When he went back to school the next day all the kids were afraid that he was going to start going military on them! ha. The whole time he was growing it out I begged him to let me run a pick through it and he was not at all amused with that idea, but he did put on a 70's shirt and let me pick it out one time before he shaved it off. It was a sweet 'fro...sad to see it go.

1 comment:

canningmama said...

Ha ha ha!!! That's pretty funny! We shoulda taken a picture of Matt and Aaron together with their hair "fro-ed" out when you were here last month. Aaron has since cut his off too, but it's not as short as Matt's. I'm so excited for you and your new home. I can't wait to see it sometime this summer hopefully!