Sunday, April 27, 2008

Baby Jo-Jo and the vultures!






Little baby Jonas is growing up so fast! I felt like Elijah's babyhood lasted forever, but each child after him has grown up just a little quicker...but I'll TRY not to get too sentimental over it. He has changed tremendously in the past month. His hair is getting longer,curlier,and redder each day! He also has 4 big teeth with 2 more on the way. From the moment he was born he has lived up to his name...because he is just such a peaceful little dove. He is so good natured and sweet. My heart swells just thinking about how sweet he is. The boys continue to love him even more every day too. Jonas thinks that Elijah is the funniest person in the world- they seem to have a special connection. They other day we were heading out the door to go to dinner at a friend's house and Caleb had a scab that opened and it was bleeding quite a bit. Well, while Matt and I were taking care of his hand we heard Jonas wake up from his nap and he started to cry because no one was coming to get him, but all of a sudden he stopped crying and we were relieved by that- thinking he had calmed himself down. Then in walks Elijah carrying Jonas! He had gotten him out of his crib all by himself! Elijah then went on to explain to us how he got Jonas out...and thankfully no one got hurt! Jonas was just glad that someone finally came and got him out of his crib! Caleb loves to play peek-a-boo with Jo-Jo, which is a game that they both like. Caleb is very good about sharing his toys with Jonas and he also loves to help me give Jonas a bath. From the time Jonas was born I have referred to the older two as "the vultures". I don't mean this in a bad way, but as you can see from the picture, as soon as I set Jonas down they swoop in to smother him with hugs and kisses. All you can see is their big heads and just the very tip of his little red head. I am glad they love him so much, but they don't really understand the concept of "giving him space". I think I must say those words 100 times a day, but that's ok- it's a learning process!

2 comments:

angwat said...

Those pics are so cute! Your boys are just adorable :) Its funny how they all look so much alike but different...:)

time for a girl ;)

Anna Morrison said...

Sweet words. I love hearing your heart.

Vultures. Super cute image.