Thursday, May 22, 2008

Expecting Baby #4

Yes, it is true. I am pregnant with our fourth child. We feel extremely blessed that God is multiplying our family! We do not share the common view with the world that we cannot "afford" to have more than 2.2 children and we don't think they are an inconvenient drain on our time, space and energy. In fact, we feel to total opposite. Our children are live-giving. Observing their natural curiousity about the world and seeing the joy they find in the small things is like a breath of fresh air to me. I learn so much about living from my kids...they are quick to forgive, and they love so completely. I love that they aren't weighed down with scepticism and they always see the best in people. It is no wonder that God wants us to be like children. I know we have the parental responsibility of training our children up in the way that they should go, but often times I feel they are the ones training me how to be a better person.
With all that being said, I have been neglecting my poor blog for so long because I have the worst all-day baby sickness with this child. It is particularly bad in the evening, so after the kids go to sleep I just curl up in the fetal position and watch the ceiling fan trying to do all I can to not throw-up. That is my little bit of complaining- but I know this too shall pass. I just can't wait to meet this new sweet baby...but I'll just have to be patient until December!

2 comments:

canningmama said...

I hope the ceiling fan is off or it might make you more sea-sick. :) No really, I'm terribly sorry that you're having trouble with all that. Take comfort in the fact that you're not alone....I'm having all kinds of trouble with nursing, but you're right...this too shall pass! Hang in there

Anna Morrison said...

CONGRATULATIONS!!!! Hip hip hooray!!

What fun news! Sorry about the sickness. I know how it can be. You have such a good attitude. Try to be gracious with yourself and not expect to much out of yourself.

I am truly happy for you, Kallie. :)