Thursday, September 3, 2009



FOR TODAY Thursday September 3, 2009...

Outside my window...is the quiet darkness of night.

I am thinking...about simplifying the house and eliminating the things we don't love or need.

I am thankful for...the glorious weather that we have been having and being able to be outside enjoying these days with the kids.

From the learning rooms...I just ordered the Prairie Primer (a very detailed unit study curriculum based on the Little House series)yesterday and we are looking forward to diving into that series once again. In our outside learning room we have been finding all sorts of awesome things. Elijah caught a toad and a skink. We discovered a massive group of caterpillars (the most I have ever seen in my life) devouring the leaves on an Oak sapling at the park and we watched what I think were LOTS of fireflies mating on the trunk of a different tree.

From the kitchen...the fragrant scent of curry (my favorite spice). We ate Mulligatawny (soup),which is always delicious.

I am wearing...a navy blue shirt and a lime green skirt.

I am creating...scriptures to hang throughout our house so I can constantly be reminded of God's goodness.

I am going...to hopefully go to bed soon. I am trying to get on an early sleep schedule...but I've been saying that for years now.

I am reading... Educating the Whole-Hearted Child and trying to find motivation and inspiration for this school year.

I am hoping...that tomorrow goes by fast so that I can spend more time with my sweet husband.

I am hearing...crickets chirruping outside my window, a dog barking off in the distance, the quietness of children sleeping.

Around the house...I see a lot of stuff that is getting ready to go to Goodwill! Good-bye clutter!

One of my favorite things...Ezra's funny little four-toothed grin.

A few plans for the rest of the week: Possibly going camping this weekend if the weather stays nice.

2 comments:

Mara said...

we went camping this weekend! it was rainy and cold... our family outings never turn out as planned, but they are usually funnier because of that:)

canningmama said...

aww, well after I just swore off ever blogging again after reading my sister's blog, your blog has inspired me to at least post a simple woman's daybook post. i miss you!