Tuesday, January 15, 2008

A Father's Love

My friend Anna shared a video on her blog about Dick and Rick Hoyt and it touched me so deeply that I wanted to post a very similar video about this amazing father and son team on my blog. When I first saw this video I cried and cried. All I could think about was the amazing love that this father has for his son... that he would work so hard to provide his son with such great joy simply overwhelms me. Just watching Dick pull Rick through the water and run with him to the finish line, and to see the smile on Rick's face when they are on the bike together just makes my heart swell. It is the perfect portrayal of the love our Heavenly Father has for us; He is our strength and the guiding force that pushes and pulls us to the finish line so that we can share in His Glory. Hallelujah!

No comments: