Sunday, March 23, 2008

The battle is the Lord's



As I was driving this morning a song came on the radio called The battle is the Lord's by Yolanda Adams. I have heard this song several times before and it's one of my favorite gospel songs. One thing that most people don't know about me is that I love gospel. I will put it on when I am doing chores around the house and it just lifts me up and helps me praise God and have a good attitude while I do my work. A lot of times I'll be singing and dancing and "having church" while I am working and Matt and the boys think it is real funny...but that's ok. I know I can't sing or dance that well, but I can praise God! Ha.

The point I'm trying to get to is that God placed someone on my heart this morning when I heard this song. It is my sister-in-law, Teresa. Through the years I have been married to Matt I feel that our friendship just keeps growing and I am so blessed to have her in my life. She is married to a great guy named James who lives in Nigeria. They have been married for over 2 years now and the U.S. government has already approved his visa, but the Nigerian government denied his visa. So as of right now he is unable to come to America and join this family that is waiting for him. I know that this must be disheartening for Teresa, but she is strong and our family is strong. We will continue to pray for God's will in the situation and I pray that Teresa will be reminded daily that this battle is not yours- it's the LORD'S. This goes for anyone else that is struggling out there. We all struggle at times, I know I do. But God is faithful. He hears our prayers. He knows our innermost thoughts. He is our comforter, our rock, our shelter, our protection, our strong fortress, and our shield. Praise God!

No comments: