Tuesday, August 30, 2011

Boys and dirt are synonymous



It was a typical summer day. I set up the water table so the kids could splash around a little, but after a while the little boys got hungry so I dried them off and brought them in for lunch, leaving the bigger boys behind and not thinking much about it. I thought they could play outside for a few more minutes while I got the food ready. A few minutes later when lunch was prepared I went to look out of the window and didn't see them, but when I turned to walk back to the kitchen something caught my eye...a fast moving blur in front of the window. I turned back around to get a better look at the flying object and I see Elijah running through the grass with a big giant mud ball not far behind him. Interesting. They were throwing mud balls at each other as if they were snowballs. What is it with boys and mud? The funniest part is that I was literally hosing them off in the driveway with the garden hose when the UPS man walks into the driveway with a package...don't mind me, I'm just hosing my kids down:) Maybe he has boys. Maybe he understands.

2 comments: