Sunday, June 5, 2011

Is it possible to turn a diaper box into a pirate ship?






Apparently so! I thought we had moved out of the pirate phase, but I think maybe the warm weather brought in a new wave of interest. So we got the pirate books back out and the kids started dressing and talking like pirates once more. Elijah came to me with the idea to turn a diaper box into a ship and I have to admit that I had my doubts of whether or not it would work... but he had a vision and he wanted to try it out. I have to say- it is amazing what a little duct tape will do! It really is a brilliant invention. Then we just gathered a few sticks, cut up an old t-shirt for sails and slapped some paint on it and our pirate ship was complete.

1 comment:

Lacey (schoolhousefarm) said...

so cool! i don't know that the girls will ever have interest in pirates--it's nice to watch how the boys devour it!