Sunday, July 18, 2010

Edisto Beach

This was kind of an unexpected trip for us. Both of my parents retired in June and they asked us at the beginning of June if we would like to go to the beach at the end of June and of course we said we would love to. We go to the beach with Matt's family every winter but we have never been to the beach as a family in the warm summer weather so we were all so excited! My extended family came and got another house down the road, so it turned out to be a big family gathering. Edisto is the beach that my family always went to when I was growing up, but I hadn't been back in about 12 years. Not much has changed. In fact, it is almost exactly the same. It is a very non commercialized Island and we really enjoyed it because there aren't so many other distractions. We spent most of our time at the beach just swimming and playing in the sand. It was very relaxing and the kids didn't want to come home. They said they wished we lived at the beach! I posted some of my favorite pictures and even though I should have done a slideshow, I figured just making a post on my blog was good enough since it has been so long. I have to thank Matt for the intervention...I guess it's starting to work!

My kids are totally goggle obsessed. They think they can't go swimming without them.
This is Elijah's silly grin. Little does he know that a giant wave is about to plaster him!
The younger boys just had a blast playing in the very shallow waves.
Matt took the boys fishing at the point...Caleb had the most endurance and the others mostly ended up swimming. The water at the point was very calm and was almost like swimming in a lake. The fishing wasn't a great success, but it's always worth a try.
This is Ezra being so brave in the water. This kid would just run full speed into the water if we would let him. Definitely a water baby!

1 comment:

Lacey (schoolhousefarm) said...

YAY!!!!! for intervention...tag-teaming or no, keep 'em coming!!