Monday, July 7, 2008

Hair today, gone tomorrow!


"Funny" things are always happening at the Vaughn house. This particular incident involved hair- my hair to be exact! For the past 3 years I have been trying to grow my hair out and it was getting pretty long...about half way down my back. I usually get the urge to cut it once it gets a few inches past my shoulders, but I was doing really good this time about being patient and letting it grow.
Well, I have resolved to do most of my computer stuff at night so that I can stay focused on the kids during the day, but on this particular day I had to be on the computer for a brief 5-10 minutes. I am attending a homeschool curriculum workshop in August and the one for July filled up so quickly that the organizer told me that I needed to hurry up and fill out the registration form before the class was full. So here I am frantically trying to fill out the form on the computer and I hear this little voice behind me say "Mama, I cut you's hair"!!!! What????? It was Caleb, my 2 year old. He snuck up on me like a ninja and cut my hair! I didn't even hear him do it! So I grabbed my hair to access the damage and I pulled out a good sized chunk, so I ran to the mirror and sure enough he cut a top layer piece in the back all the way up to my chin! So much for growing out my hair! I don't even know how he even got the scissors in the first place because I usually have those on a high shelf where the kids can't reach them...so that is still a mystery.
Thankfully I didn't have to get it all chopped off. I went to a great salon Jade Aveda(which we can't really afford), but I figured they were so good that they might be able to salvage my hair some how and they did! I only had to have 2 inches taken off the bottom and then she put in some additional layers on the top to blend in where Caleb cut it. So when it was all said and done, I actually ended up with a pretty decent hair cut!

1 comment:

Lacey (schoolhousefarm) said...

I think cables new you deserved some special treatment...