Tuesday, July 8, 2008

Fourth of July



When I was thinking about the 4th of July, I realized it involves a lot of things that start with F... family, food, fun, the flag, and fireworks! I love Independence Day. It's one of my favorite american holidays. We usually do the same thing every year, but I just love it! We started off the day by going downtown for the parade. It was just a small parade, but the kids really liked the fire trucks and old cars and clowns (which I am not particularly fond of...kind of scary). Then we went home and gave them naps so they could stay up late and watch the fireworks. When they woke up we grilled out with my in-laws, my niece who was visiting from Charlotte, and my friend Adria. We let the kids swim for a while in Nana's pool and then it started to rain! I was hoping that it would stop before it was time for fire works...and thankfully it did or the kids would have been disappointed and up until midnight after that long nap that they had! We were trying to think of good places to watch the fireworks- a place that wasn't too crowded and where the traffic wouldn't be ridiculous...and my friend Adria came up with the perfect plan...the top of the parking deck at UNCG! It was less than a mile from where they were setting off the fireworks and it ended up being this secret, fabulous place. I don't know why other people haven't thought of it, but there were probably only a handful of other people who had the same idea. We had an amazing view of the fireworks and the kids loved it...even baby Jonas was saying "wow"! It was really cute.

No comments: