Sunday, January 15, 2012

Elijah's first violin recital



This summer some wonderful musicians visited Greensboro for the Eastern Music Festival. Some of the musicians participated in a wonderful program through the public library system where they performed for the children. I took my kids and they absolutely loved it. After watching the strings performance Elijah told me that he wanted to learn to play the violin, so I started looking around for a teacher. With Charlotte Mason in mind, I wanted to pick a teacher that was truly passionate about the instrument, not just someone who could teach him how to play- but someone who really loves to play. I think I found a perfect fit for us. You can check out her studio here. She is also the only teacher that I have found that allows siblings and parents to take lessons together...so in the spring I think I will be ordering 3 more violins!

No comments: