Tuesday, December 1, 2009

Giving Thanks


(to see larger slideshow click slide twice)

We had a wonderful Thanksgiving celebration in the mountains. I am so thankful that our family has managed to stay close even though my grandparents passed away long ago. It means so much to me that everyone is committed to keeping the family together. In the same breath I must say our gathering was bittersweet; it didn't quite feel complete without my cousin Dan and my NC mamaw who both passed away this past year. I surely missed Dan's sweet smile and easy-going spirit and Mamaw's warm hugs and our long talks... so my heart was aching a little. However, I continue to give thanks even through pain and sadness and remember that I have so much to be thankful for:
Walks in cool fall weather, toothy-grins from babies, laughter of children, delicious food to eat, holding Matt's hand, curling up to read a book in a warm living room, kids jumping in leaves, eyes to see beauty all around, a Messiah that is the true bread... and I just pray that I will continue to embrace each day with gratitude
and a thankful heart for all my many blessings.

No comments: