Friday, April 17, 2009

Family Fun in the Mountains



It has been months since we have been to the mountains to visit my parents. We had such a great time with them. We went up to their little cabin on Balsalm Mountain. We went on an exploration hike up the ridge and saw lots of signs of spring. The kids were especially excited because we made a campfire and they got to stay up later than usual to make s'mores and listen to lots of stories from Memose. Then we came back to Hendersonville and the boys spent most of the day fishing at the pond down the road. It has been so nice to slow down and enjoy a little family getaway. Me and the boys have loved our time with Matt and I wish these next 2 days would go really slow because on Monday it will be back to work and back to reality. I sure do love the Blue Ridge Mountains. I know a piece of me will always belong in my mountain home.

2 comments:

canningmama said...

I LOVE the pictures! I love the ones of the whole family. I want a copy of the one with you all sitting on the rock. What a good looking family!!! The one of you and Elijah is great too, and the ones of Ezra in the wrap....soo CUTE. That wrap looks so familiar..... : ) We miss you; can't wait to see you again!

Anna Morrison said...

so sweet to see the picture of all of you together. makes me miss the mtns. happy spring!